Last modified: Sat Sep 9 03:10:52 CEST 2006
Workshop on Photoproduction at collider energies:
from RHIC and HERA to LHC
ECT* - Trento, January 15-19, 2007
the workshop aims at discussing the physics, experimental results,
and perspectives on photon-induced processes at HERA (ep), RHIC
(electromagnetic aka. "ultraperipheral" AA), Tevatron (gamma-p,pbar,
gamma-gamma), and LHC (ultraperipheral AA,
photon-photon collisions in pp, ...)
talks and discussions will be organized around the following main topics:
- Overview theoretical and experimental talks on photoproduction at RHIC, HERA, Tevatron, and
prospects for LHC.
- Inclusive and exclusive photoproduction at HERA (dijets, heavy-quarks, vector mesons, ...).
- Vector-meson and hard- photoproduction in ultraperipheral (UPC) ion-ion at RHIC and LHC, with emphasis
on the high gluon density regime at small-x in the nucleus.
- Photoproduction in ppbar,pp collisions at Tevatron and LHC.
- Two-photon processes (tests of QED in strong field regime in UPC, pp
luminosity tool at LHC, triple and quartic gauge coupling gamma-gamma studies ...).
the workshop will take place in the ECT*
(European Center for Theoretical Studies in Nuclear Physics and Related Areas)
located in Trento (Trentino, Italy)